First Contact are pleased to announce that they will be sponsoring the UKA Masters series 2012, with the final being held at the UKA finals in December 2012.
The aim of the Masters is to encourage more competitive running in UKA classes and improve the overall standard of top level agility in the UK. The Masters has been created for dogs and competitors whose goal is to compete at both National and International level. The Masters is also intended to attract the highest standard of judging over challenging agility and jumping courses.
- Open to all UKA Champion Level Performance dogs.
- Separate competition for each height.
- Agility and Jumping class with results combined.
- Handlers must run in strict running orders, failure to do so will result in elimination.
- Any late entries will run first. Scoring
- Standard UK Agility Marking will apply.
- Faults converted into seconds. 5 faults = 5 seconds.
- Time faults treated the same as course faults.
- An elimination = 100 faults.
- Dogs eliminated will also be given the course time as their time.
- Dogs with the lowest score will be deemed the winner.
- In the event of a tie the result from the agility class will be the deciding factor.
- Any extraordinary circumstances to be ruled by UK Agility. Final Qualification
- 10 Masters
- 1st & 2nd Overall qualify for Final unless elimination in one class
- 1st place in the agility or jumping round qualifies for final
- The annual Masters final will be held at the UK Agility Grand Finals in December.
- The final will follow the same format as the heats. Prizes
- Entry fee = £12.
- £7 placed in heat prize fund.
- Each height has its own prize fund and will be divided as per masters “Prize Money Guide.”
- Winner of each Masters will gain the letters MA after their UKA name
- £1 from each entry fee will be placed in the final prize fund.
- At the final each height has its own prize fund and will be divided 1st = 50%, 2nd = 25%, 3rd = 15%, 4th = 10%.
- Winner of the final will win the title of the UKA Masters Champion, a status that remains with the winning dog.
|1||Saturday March 24th||N.A.D.S.||Newbury Showground, Berks, RG18 9QZ|
|2||Monday April 9th||UKA Easter||Staverton, Cheltenham, Glos. GL2 9QB|
|3||Sunday May 6th||GT Agility||Newbury Showground, Berks, RG18 9QZ|
|4||Monday June 4th||Quad Paws||Mapledurham, Reading. RG4 7TR|
|5||Saturday June 23rd||Aldon||Beechwood Farm, Feniton, Honiton EX14 3BP|
|6||Sunday July 15th||L.A.P.S.||Fownhope FC, Fownhope, Hereford. HR4 4PJ|
|7||Wednesday August 1st||UKA week||Staverton, Cheltenham, Glos. GL2 9QB|
|8||Sunday August 12th||Tamisje||Tregonning Farm, Newquay, Cornwall, TR8 4PR|
|9||Saturday September 15th||EASS||Hall Farm, Snetterton, Norwich, NR16 2LR|
|10||Sunday September 16th||AJAXS||Mapledurham, Reading. RG4 7TR|